Clothing / Shorts
Updated: January 1, 2016
1. This Agreement.
1.1 Acceptance. Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing the Website. In order to use the Website, you must first agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement. By accessing the Website, Visitors indicate that they have read, understood and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement. Registrants indicate that they have read, understood and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement by means of a click-through consent, where provided by DvF. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement, you are not authorized to use the Website. Furthermore, you are not authorized to use the Website if (i) you are not of legal age or otherwise do not have the legal capacity to form a binding contract with DvF, or (ii) you are a person barred from using the Website either (a) under the laws of the country in which you reside or from which you are attempting to access the Website, or (b) due to prior violations of this Agreement.
1.2 Modification. We reserve the right to modify this Agreement at any time. You shall periodically review this Agreement to be aware of such modifications. You further agree that your continued use of the Website after any such modifications have been made shall be deemed to be your conclusive acceptance of any modified version of this Agreement. We will indicate that changes to this Agreement have been made by updating the date indicated after "Updated" at the beginning or end of this Agreement. We will be happy to provide you with prior versions of this Agreement upon your written request to us. If you do not agree to abide by the initial version and any modified version of this Agreement, then you are not authorized to use the Website. A current version of this Agreement is accessible via the footer of the Website's homepage.
2.1 Profile; Password. You will only be able to use certain functionality of the Website if you register with us. If you decide to register with us, you will receive a user ID and password ("Profile") to access your Registrant account ("Account"). You shall not allow any third party to use your Profile or Account to access the Website and you shall strictly safeguard all information that would enable any individual or entity to access the Website by using your Profile. You are fully responsible for your failure to safeguard information and/or to permit any other person to access or use the Website using your Profile and/or Account, and for all activities that occur under your Profile and/or Account. You may not sell or otherwise transfer your Profile or Account or any portion thereof. You shall notify DvF immediately of any unauthorized use of their Profile, Account or otherwise of the Website.
2.2 Accurate Information. You shall provide us with accurate, complete and current information about yourself during registration and at all other times, and you shall update all information provided to us or requested by us if and as soon as such information changes.
2.3 Disabling or Revocation of Account. We have the right to cancel your registration for any reason (without having to specify the reason) or for no reason at any time, as determined in our sole discretion, including without limitation if we believe you have violated this Agreement. If we disable access to your Account, you may be prevented from accessing the Website, your Account details and/or any files or other various Website materials, including without limitation all text, comments, icons, images, messages, tags, links, photographs, audio, video and other content (collectively, "Content") which are contained in or accessible through your Account, all of which may be deleted by us. Such disabling or cancelling of your Account will mean that you may lose access to all Content submitted by you.
2.4 Cessation of Services. The form and nature of the products or services offered through the Website may change from time to time without prior notice to you. As part of our continuing innovation, DvF may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing certain Website features to you in our sole discretion, without prior notice to you.
3.1 Products. Various of our products are offered for sale through the Website. In the event you wish to purchase any of these products, you will be asked by DvF or an authorized third party on DvF's behalf to supply certain information to us or to an agent, including without limitation, your full name, address and credit card information. Please note, however, that DVF is not responsible for processing any payments made via the Website and that DVF does not have access to your credit card information. This information is maintained by a third party. You shall provide DVF or any third party acting as our agent with accurate, complete and current information at all times, and to comply with the terms and conditions of any ancillary agreement that you may enter into which governs your purchase of any product.
3.2 Payments. The prices of products are indicated in US dollars. Your right to any product that is available for purchase through the Website is conditional on our receipt of the appropriate full payment and related costs for such product. If such payment and costs cannot be charged to your credit card or if a charge is refunded for any reason, including chargeback, we reserve the right to cancel your order and/or suspend or terminate your Account. You are responsible for all charges made under your Account.
3.3 Taxes. You are responsible for paying all applicable taxes arising out of any purchase made under your Account or otherwise made by you.
3.4 Shipping. Please review our shipping rates at https://eu.dvf.com/en/clientservices/article/?fid%27=cs-shipping. You are responsible for paying all such applicable rates.
3.5 Product Descriptions. We attempt to be as accurate as possible in describing products (including pricing) offered for purchase through the Website; however, we do not warrant or represent that all such descriptions are complete, current or error-free. If you purchase one of our products and such product was not accurately described or depicted on the Website, your sole remedy shall be to return such unused product to us within (30) days of your receipt thereof for a full refund (including your reasonable return shipping costs). We change our product descriptions and pricing from time to time, so you must check these details before ordering from us. We also cannot guarantee product availability. From time to time, DvF may have to cancel or refuse an order placed by you. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In such an instance, if practical, we will notify you of our reasons for cancelling or refusing the order. We will do so via the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
3.6 Returns. If you have purchased a product offered through the Website that you wish to return to us, you must adhere to our Return Policy: https://eu.dvf.com/en/clientservices/article/?fid%27=cs-returns. Your sole remedy for any and all failures, delays or interruptions with respect to the ordering and delivery of our products ordered by you through the Website is limited to a refund for such products, if we determine in our sole discretion that you have complied with our Return Policy and thus that a refund is warranted. All products ordered through the Website are acquired by you "AS IS" and "WHERE IS".
4. Intellectual Property.
4.1 Copyright. The Website contains various Content that is protected by the copyright laws of the United States and/or other jurisdictions. As between you and DvF, DvF owns all rights, title and interest (including without limitation all copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property rights) in and to the Website (including without limitation all Content appearing therein), and you have no rights in and to the Website other than as expressly set forth in this Agreement. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which you have been given express written permission by DvF, no Content may be sold, leased, copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, distributed, modified, publicly performed, used in any derivative works based thereon or otherwise used for any public or commercial purpose without the prior written consent of DvF or, where applicable, our licensors. However, you may print copies of materials on the Website for your personal, noncommercial use only, provided that you must keep intact all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices appearing therein and that you use such materials solely in the manner permitted by this Agreement and not in any manner that competes with us.
4.2 Trademarks. The trademark "DvF" and all names, graphics, designs, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, commercial markings, trade dress, and service names appearing on the Website and which indicate a source of goods or services (collectively, the "Trademarks") belong exclusively to DvF or those our licensors, sponsors, suppliers or other third parties, as indicated. Trademarks are protected by the trademark laws of the United States and/or other applicable jurisdictions. You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or modify any Trademark in any way, including without but not limited to distribution of Content for advertising or publicity or otherwise, without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party Trademark holder, as applicable.
4.3 Removal of Notices. You shall not remove, obscure, or alter any proprietary rights notices (including copyright and Trademark notices) which may be affixed to or contained within any Content, and you shall abide by all such notices.
5. Usage Restrictions. You shall not use the Website in any manner that:
(a) is designed to interrupt, destroys or limit the functionality of, any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment (including without limitation by means of software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs);
(b) interferes with or disrupts the Website, services connected to the Website, or otherwise interferes with operations or services of the Website in any way;
(c) infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other right of any party, or defames or invades the publicity rights or the privacy of any person, living or deceased (or impersonates any such person);
(d) consists of any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation; causes us to lose (in whole or part) the services of our internet service providers or other suppliers;
(e) links to materials or other content, directly or indirectly, to which you do not have a right to link;
(f) is false, misleading, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, as determined by DvF in its sole discretion;
(g) copies, modifies, creates a derivative work of, reverse engineers, decompiles or otherwise attempts to extract the source code of the software underlying the Website or any portion thereof;
(i) violates, or encourages anyone to violate, any applicable local, state, national, or international law, regulation or order.
6. Third Party Links & Websites.
The Website provides links to third party websites that we believe may be of possible interest to you. Because we do not endorse or otherwise have control over such websites, we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the availability of such websites, (ii) any content, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, messages, tags, links, advertising, services, products, or other materials on or available from such websites, (iii) your participation, correspondence or business dealings with any third party found on or through the Website regarding payment and delivery of specific goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, representations or warranties associated with such dealings, which are solely between you and any such third party, or (iv) any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your interaction with any such third party. Your use of any website linked to from the Website is subject to the policies and procedures of the owner of such website, and your use of all such websites is subject to such policies and procedures and not to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You understand that by using any third party website linked to from the Website, you may be exposed to content or other materials that are offensive, indecent, defamatory or otherwise objectionable.
7. Linking to this Website & Framing.
Creating or maintaining any link from another website to any page on this Website without DvF's prior written permission is prohibited. Running or displaying this Website or any material displayed on this Website in frames or through similar means on another website without DvF's prior written permission is also prohibited. Any permitted links to this Website must comply will all applicable laws, rule and regulations.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE", AND AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER DVF NOR ANY OF ITS SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, LICENSORS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS OR REPRESENTATIVES (COLLECTIVELY, THE "DVF PARTIES") SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY, OBLIGATION OR RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, OR ADVERSE CONSEQUENCE ALLEGED TO HAVE HAPPENED OR WHICH HAS HAPPENED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR YOUR USE OF ANY OF OUR PRODUCTS. DVF FURTHER DOES NOT MAKE ANY GUARANTY OF THE ACCURACY, CORRECTNESS, USEFULNESS OR COMPLETENESS OF, AND IS NOT LIABLE FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES ALLEGED TO ARISE FROM OR ARISING FROM, ANY USE OF THE WEBSITE OR YOUR USE OF ANY OF OUR PRODUCTS, AND DVF IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS ALLEGED TO ARISE FROM OR ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY OF OUR PRODUCTS. SPECIFICALLY, DVF DISCLAIMS (I) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING THE WEBSITE AND ANY OF OUR PRODUCTS, AND (II) ALL WARRANTIES NOT EXPRESSLY MADE IN THIS AGREEMENT. FURTHER, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL DVF BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ALLEGED TO ARISE OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY OF OUR PRODUCTS, OR YOUR INTERACTION WITH ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE, WHETHER LINKED TO FROM THE WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR USE OF ANY (A) PRODUCT OR SERVICE, OR (B) CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT, OR ANY OFFENSIVE, INDECENT, DEFAMATORY OR OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE NATURE OF ANY CONTENT. ALL PRODUCTS ORDERED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE ACQUIRED BY YOU "AS IS" AND "WHERE IS": AND AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOUR SOLE RECOURSE FOR ANY PRODUCTS THAT YOU PURCHASE THROUGH THE WEBSITE AND WISH TO RETURN IS SET FORTH IN OUR RETURN POLICY AND REQUIRES YOUR STRICT ADHERENCE TO ITS TERMS. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU PURCHASE A PRODUCT THROUGH THE WEBSITE THAT WAS NOT ACCURATELY DESCRIBED ON THE WEBSITE, OR IF WE MADE AN ERROR IN FULFILLING YOUR ORDER (E.G., WRONG ITEM, SIZE OR COLOR), THEN YOUR SOLE REMEDY SHALL BE TO RETURN SUCH UNUSED PRODUCT TO US WITHIN EIGHTEEN (30) DAYS OF YOUR RECEIPT THEREOF FOR A FULL REFUND (INCLUDING YOUR REASONABLE RETURN SHIPPING COSTS).
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
9.1 IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY OF THE DVF PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS OR FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, YOUR USE OF (I) THE WEBSITE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT APPEARING THEREON), OR (II) ANY PRODUCT PURCHASED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, WHETHER OR NOT DVF HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE DVF PARTIES TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE IS LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF (A) ALL PRODUCTS PURCHASED IN THE SIX (6) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRIOR TO THE ARISING OF SUCH LIABILITY, OR (B) ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($1,000).
9.2 SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN SECTIONS 8 OR 9 HEREOF MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. Representations and Warranties.
You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the DvF Parties from all claims, demands, actions, causes of action and/or lawsuits (each, a "Claim" and collectively, "Claims") and all resulting costs, liabilities, losses, expenses, and damages, actual and consequential, direct and indirect, of every kind and nature, including without limitation reasonable attorneys' fees and disbursements (collectively, "Losses"), made by any third party due to or arising out of your (a) breach of any of your representations, warranties, covenants or obligations under this Agreement, (b) negligence or misconduct, or (c) violation of any law or regulation. You shall immediately provide all applicable DvF Parties with prompt written notice of any Claim or potential Claim of which you become aware. Upon the assertion or commencement of any Claim against one or more of the DvF Parties by any third party that may give rise to liability of any such DvF Party hereunder, you shall assume the control of the defense of such Claim at your sole expense with counsel reasonably acceptable to each such applicable DvF Party; provided, however, that each such DvF Party may take part in and/or fully assume such defense, in its sole discretion and at its own expense, after you assume the control thereof. You shall not enter into any settlement of any Claim which any of the DvF Parties believes is adverse to its interests, without receiving the prior written consent of each of the DvF Parties affected by such Claim. In no event shall any of the DvF Parties be obligated to participate in any settlement which any such party reasonably believes would have an adverse effect on such party's business interests.
13. No Endorsement.
DvF is neither affiliated with, nor sponsored or endorsed by, any specific product, service, methodology or person. The owners of any third party Trademark or copyright appearing on the Website are not sponsors of DvF or the Website and have not endorsed and are not affiliated with DvF or the Website, and DvF is not a sponsor and does not endorse any such third parties.
14. No Agency.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created between you and DvF by this Agreement.
All notices hereunder shall be given by certified mail, postage prepaid and return receipt requested, to: Diane von Furstenberg Studio, LLC, Attn: DvF Ecommerce Dept, 440 West 14th Street, New York, NY 10014 and to a Registrant at the address listed in such Registrant's Account. Notice shall be deemed given three (3) days after the date of such mailing.
16. Governing Law; Jurisdiction.
By visiting the Website or otherwise making a purchase from the Website, you and DvF agree to the following dispute resolution procedure: in the event of any controversy, claim, action or dispute arising out of or related to any transaction conducted on the Website, or the breach, enforcement, interpretation, or validity of this Agreement or any part of it ("Dispute"), both parties shall first try in good faith to settle such Dispute by providing written notice to the other party describing the facts and circumstances of the Dispute and allowing the receiving party 30 days in which to respond to or settle the Dispute.
Notice shall be sent:
(1) to DvF in accordance with the Notices provision at Section 15 above, or
(2) to you at: your last-used billing address or the billing and/or shipping address in your online profile.
Both you and DvF agree that this dispute resolution procedure is a condition precedent which must be satisfied prior to initiating any litigation or filing any claim against the other party.
In the event the dispute may not be resolved by the above dispute resolution procedure, you agree that the sole and exclusive jurisdiction for any Dispute will be decided by binding arbitration. All such Disputes shall be exclusively submitted to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) for binding arbitration under its rules then in effect in the New York, New York, USA area, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties.
The arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute arising under or relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of this Agreement, including, but not limited to any claim that all or any part of this Agreement is void or voidable. The parties further agree that they may only bring claims in their individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding.
17. Timely Filing of Claims.
YOU AGREE THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY STATUTE OR LAW TO THE CONTRARY, ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS WEBSITE, OR THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, MUST BE FILED BY YOU PURSUANT TO SECTION 16 ABOVE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER SUCH CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE OR IS CLAIMED TO HAVE ARISEN.
You shall not to resell or assign your rights, duties or obligations under this Agreement and that any attempted assignment or delegation will be void and of no force or effect whatsoever. This Agreement may be automatically assigned by DvF, in our sole discretion, to a third party, and such an assignment will inure to the benefit of our successors, assigns and/or licensees. Without limitation of the foregoing, we may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including without limitation your personal information, with any parent company, subsidiary, joint venture, and a company under our common control, as well as with a potential acquirer, including without limitation in connection with a merger, reorganization, or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy. In each such an event, the PII we have collected from you may be one of the assets transferred.
19. No Waiver.
Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to a subsequent or similar breach or breaches. If DvF does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in this Agreement (or which DvF has the benefit of under any applicable law or regulation), such action or inaction shall not be taken to be a formal waiver of DvF's rights, and all such rights or remedies shall still be available to DvF.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid by a court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. Section headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section. This Agreement and any ancillary terms and conditions referenced herein sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between us with respect to the subject matter hereof. The provisions of this Agreement shall survive termination or expiration to the extent necessary to carry out the obligations of you and DvF hereunder.
21. Contact Us.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Website, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Diane von Furstenberg Studio, LLC, Attn: DvF Ecommerce Dept, 440 West 14th Street, New York, NY 10014.
Last Updated: January 18, 2019
Please note the arbitration provision set forth below, requiring you to arbitrate any claims you may have against DVF on an individual basis. EXCEPT WHERE AND TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE, AND YOU WAIVE, THE RIGHT FOR A JUDGE OR JURY TO DECIDE YOUR CLAIMS, AND THAT YOU MAY NOT PROCEED IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY
• How Does the Website Work?
• What Type of Information Does DVF Collect?
• How Do We Use Information We Collect on the Website and Why?
• Under What Circumstances May We Disclose or Share Information?
• Legal Bases of Our Collection and Processing
• What Happens if DVF Assets are Assigned?
• Your Rights; Do We Permit Individuals to Opt-Out of Receiving Communications from DVF?
• Do You Have the Ability not to be Identified by DVF Online?
• How Do We Store and Safeguard Information?
• Does DVF Provide Links to Other Websites?
• What are our Policies Regarding Children?
• Do We have Mechanisms in Place to Permit Access, Removal, and Complaints Regarding Information That We Collect?
• Consent to Transfer
• Dispute Resolution
• Choice of Law
• YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
• Contact Us
How Does the Website Work?
What Type of Information Does DVF Collect?
We collect the following information through the Website.
"Personal Information" is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, or email address. DVF collects and stores the Personal Information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of manners in which we may collect your Personal Information:
• We may collect your first and last name, date of birth, and email address if you register with the Website;
• We may collect your first and last name, date of birth, e-mail address, and country of residence if you sign up to receive online newsletters;
• We may collect your name, address, month of birth, phone number, and e-mail address if you complete a Dialogue Card in one of our stores;
• We may collect your first and last name, date of birth and email address if you choose to participate in a contest or sweepstakes; and
• We may collect your first and last name, telephone number, address, and your credit card and billing information if you make a purchase of a product.
• We may collect your first and last name, telephone number, address, email address, social media information, and any other personal information that you voluntarily submit to us if you apply for a job opening on our Website.
• Internet Protocol (IP) address – Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data – such as the webpages you view. We use this information to deliver our webpages to you upon request, to tailor our Website to the interests of our users and to measure traffic within our Website.
• Cookie – A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used to collect information about your activity on the Website. For example, when someone visits a page within the Website, a cookie is placed on the user’s machine (if the user accepts cookies) or is read if the user has visited the Website previously. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but if you do, you may not be able to take advantage of the personalized features enjoyed by other users to our Website.
• Beacons (also known as “clear gifs,” “web bugs” or “pixel tags”) – “Web Beacons” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Website and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, web beacons can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages.
• Demographic Information – “Demographic Information” may be your gender, age, zip code and interests, which you voluntarily provide to us on the Website.
This information is collected directly from you, as well as through third parties that you have authorized to provide such Personal Information, and, where permitted by local law, through publicly accessible sources such as social media. We also may obtain, collect and aggregate information (including Personal Information) from other sources, such as data brokers, marketing service providers, vendors, and other third parties .
"Non-Personal Information" can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender or interests. Non-Personal Information does NOT identify you personally. We use this information to provide you with personalized services and to analyze trends to ensure the information provided by the Website meets your needs. Please note that we also consider aggregated information, which is not personally identifiable, to be Non-Personal Information.
How Do We Use Information We Collect on the Website and Why?
We use Personal Information primarily for the following purposes:
• To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new products or items from DVF, or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials;
• To complete a transaction or service requested by you;
• To fulfill the terms of a promotion;
• To ensure the Website and our services are relevant to your needs;
• To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
• To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Website;
• To contact you in response to your request;
• In other manners as disclosed to you at the time of collection;
• To perform our obligations under a contract with you; and
• For certain automated decision-making activities, including serving online advertising, and/or generating a personality profile for you. For example, We engage in profiling based on your online browsing behavior, purchasing history, the information you provide us and other third parties. This means that we analyze all of this data to create a profile about your interests so we can tailor our marketing to you and deliver specific ads targeted to you. This means that you may not see certain ads that our algorithm deems irrelevant to you; conversely, you will receive ads that are based on the profile we have created about you. If the data we receive, have collected, or you have provided to us is inaccurate, this may affect the relevance of the ads that you receive and products/content you are served on the Website. Details of the Personal Information we collect, how it is used, and how you may opt out of any automated decision-making is explained below . For those in the EU, we will obtain your consent for profiling related to our marketing to you.
Non-Personal Information is used as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining Non-Personal Information with Personal Information.
Under What Circumstances May We Disclose or Share Information?
We may share or disclose your Personal Information in the following instances:
• To complete your purchase. If you choose to make a purchase, we may collect from you your credit card number, billing address and other information related to such purchase, and we may use such collected information in order to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other Personal Information provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties such as payment card processing companies as necessary to complete your purchase .
• To provide you with additional customer service. For example, if you ask us to provide you with additional information or to compare your purchased items with items available elsewhere, we may share your Personal Information with order fulfillment service providers in order to confirm your purchase and fulfill your request. In addition, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question and we may use a third party customer service provider to help with customer service.
• To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Website and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on DVF’s behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the Personal Information for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers will have access to users’ Personal Information, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register or submit any Personal Information to us. Personal Information may be shared with unaffiliated third-party services providers as follows:
• To administer promotions. If you are entering a sweepstakes or contest, we may use your Personal Information in order to fulfill the terms of that promotion. This means that we may share the information with third parties for prize fulfillment purposes or mail carriers. We also may share your information with the co-sponsor of that promotion.• To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of DVF, our Visitors or Registrants, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
• To affiliates, strategic partners, agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you or who require your Personal Information for research, administrative and/or internal business purposes. These parties may use your Personal Information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service, or they may use such information for their own research, administration or business purposes. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information in this manner, please do not provide us with this information. For those in the EU, we will obtain your consent before sharing your personal information with such third parties’ for their marketing purposes.
• To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
• To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our Visitors, Registrants and Customers and provide such information to third parties.
We use non-Personal Information collected on the Website in the manner disclosed above. We may share this non-Personal Information with third parties.
Legal Bases of Our Collection and Processing
We only collect or process your data based on the following legal bases:
• When we perform our obligations under a contract with you (for example, if you are a consumer we will use your Personal Information to carry out our obligations under the contract that we have with you);
• When we have a legal obligation to do so (for example, to comply with the law or respond to legal process or lawful requests, including from law enforcement and government agencies); or
• When we have your consent to use your Personal Information.
What Happens if DVF Assets are Assigned?
Your Rights; Do We Permit Individuals to Opt-Out of Receiving Communications from DVF?
Yes. We provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive promotional communications from us, such as emails or updates from us regarding new services and products offered or if you do not want us to share your Personal Information with third parties. The opt-out choice may be exercised by ticking or un-ticking the appropriate box if such checkbox is available at the points where Personal Information is collected or by contacting us. We will process your unsubscribe as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed. You also may opt-out of receiving such emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the text of the email.
That said, please note that we also communicate with Registrants and other Visitors on a regular basis via email. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your request, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to our products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, you cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional.
Depending on whether you are located in the EU, you may have the right to request access to, rectification of, or erasure of your Personal Information; to restrict or object to our processing of your Personal Information (including objection to automated processing); to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information, if you would like such a copy for yourself, and to data portability. Where our processing of your information is based on your consent, you may have the right to withdraw your consent by contacting us by e-mail at clientservices@DVF.com. Your withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your Personal Information based on your consent prior to your withdrawal. Where appropriate, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
Do You Have the Ability not to be Identified by DVF Online?
How Do We Store and Safeguard Information?
DVF takes steps consistent with commercially reasonable industry standards to secure Personal Information collected from you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and destruction while under our control. However, please note that despite our efforts to protect Personal Information and other information provided to us, we cannot guarantee that such information will not be lost, disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others.
We retain and store your Personal Information only for as long as we have a legitimate business purpose to do so and in accordance with our data retention policies or as required by applicable law, and then we will delete it.
We, or third parties, may use session cookies or persistent cookies. Session cookies only last for the specific duration of your visit and are deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device’s hard drive until you delete them or they expire. Different cookies are used to perform different functions, which we explain below:
• Essential. Some cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our website and mobile applications and use their features, such as accessing secure areas of the Services. Without these cookies, we cannot enable appropriate content based on the type of device you are using.
• Browsing and Functionality. We use these cookies to remember choices you make on the Services, such as your preferred language and the country from which you are visiting, and to provide enhanced, more personalized features.
• Performance and Analytics. We use third party cookies to see how you use our Services in order to improve their performance and develop them according to your preferences. In particular, we use mobile analytics tools to better understand the functionality of our mobile applications. These tools may record information about your usage, including how often you use the app, the events that occur within the app, and from where the app was downloaded. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
There are several ways to manage cookies. Please check your browser and browser settings to determine where these types of cookies are stored and whether and how they may be deleted. The help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most cookies altogether. Please note that if cookies are disabled or removed, not all features of our Website will operate as intended.
If you wish to not have this information collected and used for interest-based advertising, you may opt-out by clicking here for partners that are located in the EU click here. If you wish to opt-out from this type of advertising for companies that participate in the Network Advertising Initiative, please click here. If you wish to opt-out from this type of advertising for companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), you can do so here. Please note that this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads. Please also note that DVF adheres to the DAA’s Self-Regulatory Principles .
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POLICY DOES NOT COVER THE COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION BY SUCH ADVERTISING COMPANIES.
Does DVF Provide Links to Other Websites?
What are our Policies Regarding Children?
The Website is intended for general use of persons who have reached the age of consent in their jurisdiction of residence, and it is not targeted to anyone under sixteen (16) years of age. DVF does not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under sixteen (16) years of age. If we learn that we have unwittingly collected Personal Information from anyone under sixteen (16) years of age, we will promptly delete such information.
Do we have Mechanisms in Place to Permit Access, Removal, and Complaints Regarding Information That We Collect?
You may access and update your Personal Information by logging into your account on the Website or by contacting DVF. If you wish to remove Personal Information that you have submitted to DVF, please send us an email requesting such removal to clientservices@DVF.com. If you have questions or concerns about any of our information collection or handling practices, please contact us at clientservices@DVF.com or write to us at DVF Studio, LLC, Attn: Customer service for DVF.COM, 440 West 14th Street, New York, NY 10014.
Consent to Transfer
Notice shall be sent to:
DVF Studio, LLC
Attn: Customer service for DVF.COM
440 West 14th Street
New York, NY 10014
Both you and DVF agree that this dispute resolution procedure is a condition precedent that must be satisfied before initiating any litigation or filing any claim against the other party. WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IF ANY DISPUTE CANNOT BE RESOLVED BY THE ABOVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEDURE, YOU AGREE THAT THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR SUCH DISPUTE WILL BE DECIDED BY BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE, AND YOU WAIVE, THE RIGHT FOR A JUDGE OR JURY TO DECIDE YOUR CLAIMS, AND THAT YOU MAY NOT PROCEED IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. Other rights that you and we would have in court will not be available or will be more limited in arbitration, including discovery and appeal rights. Any such Dispute shall be exclusively submitted to JAMS (www.jamsadr.com) for binding arbitration under its rules then in effect, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties.
Choice of Law
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our Visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding DVF’s disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the information provided below.
How We Respond to Do-Not-Track Disclosures
We do not support “Do Not Track” browser settings and do not currently participate in any Do Not Track frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your personal information.
By email: clientservices@DVF.com
DVF Studio, LLC
Attn: Customer service for DVF.COM
440 West 14th Street
New York, NY 10014
Select the Shipping DestinationEurope €Select the Shipping Destination
Shopping From Outside the US?
For the best experience please head to our World site:
Dislaimer: Enjoy Free Standard Shipping on all orders for a limited time online only at eu.dvf.com. Offer will automatically apply at check out. Promotion valid on shipments within the European Union only. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Cannot be applied to previous purchases. See shipping policy.
Free returns on all online orders. Offer excludes gift cards. Only valid when shipping within the United States. See return policy.
Back to Top